$ 1.9 billion automotive ceramic industry until 2027
DUBLIN, June 4, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Automotive Ceramics Market by Material, Component and Vehicle Type: Analysis of Industry Opportunities and Forecast, 2020-2027” report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global automotive ceramics market was valued at $ 1.9 billion in 2019, and is expected to reach $ 3.1 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 6.5% from 2020 to 2027.
Automotive ceramics consist of components made from advanced ceramic materials such as zirconia (Yttria Stabilized Zirconia) and alumina. Ceramics provide high temperature reliability and are economical compared to metal and other non-ceramic materials. Ceramic auto parts include various spark plug insulators, foundry cores, sensor discs, metering tubes, armor, welding nozzle, part holder, ceramic brake caliper bushings, fluid seals and resistance cores. These components are used in various sections of a vehicle, ranging from the engine block and exhaust systems to vehicle lights. A typical vehicle consists of various ceramic seals, sensors and actuators required for monitoring and controlling the automobile.
The global automotive ceramics market is currently driven by factors such as evolving vehicle emission control regulations and growing consumer demand for fuel efficient vehicles.
The rapidly growing passenger vehicle segment across the globe has driven the expansion of the automotive ceramics market. As a result of such expansion, the need for strict emissions regulations has arisen in recent years. Governments around the world are implementing strict emissions regulations, which has prompted auto component manufacturers to develop more efficient ceramic filters for exhaust systems. Ceramics are widely used in exhaust systems to filter pollutants, especially in diesel particulate filters. Ceramic filters are inexpensive, easy to manufacture, strong and durable. In addition, the growing electric vehicle market is also playing an important role in the growth of the automotive ceramics market. Other factors such as reduction in vehicle weight are also expected to boost the global automotive ceramics market during the forecast period.
However, the high cost of automotive ceramics design and development restrains the market growth during the forecast period. The development of ceramic automotive components is very capital intensive and requires strong R&D investments. The major players operating in this market have established their presence in all key regions. Additionally, downstream integration which includes sourcing ceramic materials, designing and manufacturing ceramic components has helped them reduce production costs and development time, making them very competitive. On the contrary, the development of low-cost manufacturing technologies to manufacture ceramic-based components is expected to provide lucrative opportunities for the growth of the automotive ceramics market.
The global automotive ceramics market is segmented into material, component, application, and region. On the basis of material, the global automotive ceramics market is divided into alumina oxide, titanate oxide, zirconia oxide, and others.
The global automotive ceramics market is consolidated as the development of ceramic components from raw materials is capital intensive. The main players offering automotive ceramics are Almatis GmbH, Compagnie de Saint-Gobain SA, CoorsTek Inc., Elan Technology, Ferrotec Corporation, Hoganas AB, International Syalons (Newcastle) Limited, Noritake Co. Ltd., Stanford Advanced Materials and Venator Materials Plc.
- The report provides in-depth analysis of current and emerging market trends and global Automotive Ceramics market dynamics.
- It offers detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimates up to 2019-2027, which helps in identifying existing market opportunities.
- A comprehensive analysis of all regions helps determine current and future opportunities in those regions.
- A comprehensive analysis of the factors driving and limiting the growth of the global automotive ceramics market is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of the global automotive ceramics market by material, application, and vehicle type provides an understanding of the evaluations of the automotive ceramics currently in use as well as variations that are said to gain prominence in the future.
Impact of COVID-19
- The auto industry has been one of the industries most affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as it disrupted the entire supply chain, from the supply of materials to the end consumer.
- As for the supply of automotive ceramics, the closure of operations in China deeply impacted the supply of ceramic materials. China is a key region for the sourcing of ceramic raw materials such as zirconia and alumina.
- On the demand side, there has been a shift in consumer spending habits as consumers have delayed purchasing a new vehicle to minimize spending. This decline in auto sales resulted in lost revenue for all auto manufacturing companies. The decline in consumer demand was evident in their quarterly sales.
- Major automakers, such as Toyota, have temporarily suspended or intend to temporarily suspend production of automobiles and components at some factories in Japan and abroad..
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2: Executive summary
2.1. Main conclusions of the study
2.2. Cxo perspective
Chapter 3: Market Landscape
3.1. Definition and scope of the market
3.2. Main conclusions
3.2.1. Better investment pockets
3.2.2. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.3. Market dynamics
184.108.40.206. Amendment of the vehicle emission control regulations
220.127.116.11. Growing focus on energy efficiency
18.104.22.168. Growing electric vehicle market
22.214.171.124. High investment involved in the manufacture and integration of ceramics
126.96.36.199. Development of new ceramic technologies
3.4. Value chain analysis
3.5. Impact of key regulation
3.6. Impact of COVID-19 on the global automotive ceramics market
3.7. Patent analysis, 2015-2019
Chapter 4: Automotive Ceramics Market, By Material
Chapter 5: Automotive Ceramics Market, By Component
Chapter 6: Automotive Ceramics Market, By Application
Chapter 7: Automotive Ceramics Market, By Region
Chapter 8: Competitive Landscape
8.1.1. Positioning of market players, 2019
8.2. Top 10 Player Product Mapping
8.3. Competitive heat map
8.4. Key developments
Chapter 9: Company Profiles
9.1. Almatis GmbH
9.1.1. Company presentation
9.1.2. Company overview
9.1.3. Product portfolio
9.2. Compagnie De Saint-Gobain SA
9.2.1. Company presentation
9.2.2. Company overview
9.2.3. Operational business sectors
9.2.4. Product portfolio
9.2.5. Company performance
9.3. Coorstek Inc.
9.3.1. Company presentation
9.3.2. Company overview
9.3.3. Product portfolio
9.3.4. Key strategic movements and developments
9.4. Elan technology
9.4.1. Company presentation
9.4.2. Company overview
9.4.3. Product portfolio
9.5. Ferrotec holding company
9.5.1. Company presentation
9.5.2. Company overview
9.5.3. Operational business sectors
9.5.4. Product portfolio
9.5.5. Company performance
9.6. Hoganas Ab
9.6.1. Company presentation
9.6.2. Company overview
9.6.3. Product portfolio
9.6.4. Key strategic movements and developments
9.7. International Syalons (Newcastle) Limited
9.7.1. Company presentation
9.7.2. Company overview
9.7.3. Product portfolio
9.7.4. Key strategic movements and developments
9.8. Noritake Co. Ltd.
9.8.1. Company presentation
9.8.2. Company overview
9.8.3. Operational business sectors
9.8.4. Product portfolio
9.8.5. Company performance
9.9. Stanford Advanced Materials
9.9.1. Company presentation
9.9.2. Company overview
9.9.3. Product portfolio
9.10. Venator Materials plc
9.10.1. Company presentation
9.10.2. Company overview
9.10.3. Operational business sectors
9.10.4. Product portfolio
9.10.5. Company performance
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/vtvcw6
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets