The North American process automation market (now
New York, July 02, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Reportlinker.com announces the publication of the report “North America Process Automation Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, Forecast (2021 – 2026)” – https: // www.reportlinker.com/p06101194/?utm_source=GNW
The impact of COVID-19 is quite significant on industries like energy, utilities, and resources. The oil supply chain has slowed down because less oil and petroleum products are produced and used. OPEC’s oil-producing regions have called for a sharp cut in production to 1.5 million barrels per day to support lower prices due to COVID-19. For example, the overall price of West Texas Intermediate crude has declined by about 25% since the start of the year. However, part of this price drop is attributed to a price war between the Saudi kingdom and Russia.
Different benchmarks demonstrate the impact of COVID-19 on businesses of different sizes in Canada. For hours worked, SMEs are the hardest hit by the outbreak of the pandemic in the first quarter of fiscal 2020. Large companies have been the least affected.
– The automation industry in North America has been revolutionized by combining the digital and physical aspects of manufacturing. These changes are aimed at providing optimum performance. In addition, the focus on zero waste generation and a shorter time to market has increased the growth of the market. Automating manufacturing processes has offered various benefits, such as effortless monitoring, reduced waste, and increased production speed. Automation offers customers improved quality, with standardized and reliable products, in a short time and at a much lower cost.
– Connecting industrial machinery and equipment and obtaining real-time data has played a key role in the adoption of SCADA, HMI and PLC systems, and software that offers visualization. These systems help reduce product defects, reduce downtime, plan maintenance, and move from reactive to predictive and prescriptive steps for decision making.
– The manufacturing sector is experiencing significant growth. In the United States, employment in the manufacturing sector has declined over the past 25 years. Rising material costs, price reduction pressures and rising labor costs are the main challenges facing these industries. Fluctuations in unit labor costs in the United States indicate an irregularity in productivity. This has increased the adoption of automation in the industrial sector, thereby reducing the costs associated with production.
Key market trends
Oil and gas expected to grow significantly
– Automation is an important driver in the oil and gas industry. Digitization, automation and new technologies give operators and technicians immediate access to critical information on performance, conditions and techniques. Oil and gas companies in the study region are increasingly embracing process automation to improve decision-making speeds, troubleshooting, and performance efficiency.
– North American oil and gas companies often face the challenges of transitioning to more renewable sources. To meet demand in various situations, energy companies need to focus on innovative technologies such as process automation in their business models, to embrace innovation and increase efficiency.
– Modernization of internal processes with automation and better access to information on operations and maintenance will help the industry to streamline production and distribution, and allow higher efficiency.
– There is an increasing demand for safety and reliability in oil and gas industry processes. The industry supply chain creates a significant demand for automation, industry expertise and an extensive network of partners. Process automation helps oil and gas producers integrate information, control power, and provide security solutions to meet dynamic global demand.
– In addition, the upstream sector of the oil and gas industry involves several drilling activities that must meet strict government regulations and require intense planning, in order to reduce operating costs. Often, industry processes large sets of spatial data, to make multiple decisions. Several process automation tools and analysis engines are used in the industry, to harness the full power of spatial data.
– With the fluctuating price of crude oil, many oil and gas companies are focusing on minimizing costs and maximizing efficiency throughout the distribution chain. To keep up with the growing competitive environment and reduce retail margins, they need to optimize multiple processes across multiple industries.
The United States is expected to represent a significant market share
– Fueled by Industry 4.0, the United States continues to innovate and consolidate its position in the global industrial automation and industrial control systems market. The adoption of smart technologies in the studied market has also had a positive impact on the national economy.
– Increased global manufacturing integration increases the pressure for investments in automation, as minimizing costs with maximizing quality increasingly appears as an operational paradigm for US manufacturers.
– With the increase in cyber attacks in smart factories in the United States, there is growing concern about the use of industrial control systems. The government intends to curb the increase in these crimes. This matches the growing trend of domestically made industrial control systems for smart factories to avoid the risk of cybersecurity breaches. Companies like Panasonic North America offer complete intelligent manufacturing solutions, including ERP and many more.
– Innovations based on the technological intersection are noted in the United States. For example, in September 2020, Wichita State University announced the launch of The Smart Factory @ Wichita in collaboration with Deloitte, comprising a large-scale production line and hosting of sponsors and experimental labs to expand technological expertise. .
– With the deployment of investments by the Biden government to revive the pandemic that has hit the U.S. economy, infrastructure and the electronics industry are seen as the primary beneficiaries alongside the growth of small and medium businesses. The infrastructure and electronics industry is a heavy user of industrial control system hardware products and software solutions and is expected to have a direct positive effect.
– Technologies and terminologies such as process discovery, process optimization, process intelligence and process orchestration are becoming a more important part of robotic process automation (RPA). There is a current trend for a closer relationship between business process management (BPM) and RPA in the future.
– In addition, with the recovery of crude oil prices in the world market, investments in multiple oil and gas infrastructure projects are increasing, especially in North America, Europe and the Middle East. These projects are expected to spearhead the demand for process automation solutions around the world.
The barriers to exit are not favorable, given the high cost of the equipment required to produce these systems. Many companies operating in the market eliminate competition through strategic acquisitions and mergers or smart new initiatives and hence the market is expected to become more competitive despite consolidation during the forecast period. In October 2020, Emerson announced the acquisition of the Progea group. In addition, collaboration with Internet giants is increasingly visible thanks to Industry 4.0. Since April 2021, Siemens has partnered with Google Cloud with the intention of integrating Google Cloud’s data cloud and artificial intelligence / machine learning (AI / ML) technologies into its factory automation solutions. .
– April 2021 – Siemens launches a new servo motor. The Simotics S-1FS2 comes with a stainless steel housing, IP67 / IP69 protection and high resolution 22-bit absolute multiturn encoders for the pharmaceutical and food industries.
– March 2021 – The company unveiled enhancements to its CIMPLICITY and Tracker software that provide critical decision support to operators to make them more efficient. CIMPLICITY is a solution for industrial companies building remote operations centers, including electric and water utilities with multiple locations. The new versions offer increased integration with Proficy Operations Hub and Proficy Historian to provide centralized web visualization, control and data in context.
Reasons to buy this report:
– The market estimate sheet (ME) in Excel format
– 3 months of analyst support
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06101194/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need – instantly, in one place.